Five Gift Wrap Ideas In Less Than Five Minutes
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WrapGiveRepeat #CollectiveBias
It’s the night before Christmas and all through the house, you can hear Mom sneaking around trying to find a roll of tape! Sound familiar? Or maybe, the family is packed up and ready to head out to Grandma’s and there you are, frantically trying to use the last inch of tape to wrap three presents.
This holiday season, save yourself the hassle. Right now, you can stock up early on Scotch® Gift Wrap Tape 3 Pack Caddies and save with a 50% bonus and Rollback. Our local Walmart had them conveniently located right next to the check-out stand! I went ahead and grabbed one, along with a Scotch® Magic™Tape 3 Pack Caddie, so that even if the kids run off with a roll I'll have plenty left in my gift wrapping supplies.
I also snagged a pair of Scotch™ Multi-Purpose Scissors 8" because they were at a great price and I'm pretty sure my husband took my last pair to his shop, otherwise know as where scissors go to die!
Scotch® Gift Wrap Tape has a finish that disappears on most wrapping papers, and there is also Scotch® Magic™ Tape, the “original, matte-finish, invisible tape” that you can also write on. Both varieties are photo safe, have curved dispensers that are easy to hold, and - this is huge - I’ve never had trouble cutting off a piece!
|Photo credit: Bowman Ashe Photography ||
I’m so happy to hear about Fisher House, a charity providing active duty military and veterans’ families a home they can stay in, at no cost, while a loved one receives treatment. And even happier to share that this holiday season the Scotch® Brand is donating $200,000 to Fisher House. What a great way to give back to our military. If you would like to give to the Fisher House follow this link to a special donation page.
When it comes to wrapping presents, I love to create a simple and elegant look by pairing solid colored tissue paper or brown craft paper, with crafty embellishments like those featured here. Each one takes less than five minutes to make with just a few craft supplies and that staple of holiday gift wrapping, Scotch® Brand tape.
- Scotch® Brand tapes
- old magazines
- shaped paper punches
- baker’s twine
- washi tape
- glue stick
- tissue paper
- green and red cardstock
- Gather magazines.
- Use paper punches to cut out cool and unusual pictures.
- Tape them onto presents!
TIP: Let the kids cut out images that interest them to decorate presents for friends and family!
Washi Tape Banners
- Measure a long bit of baker’s twine.
- Wrap 3-4” pieces of washi around it.
- Trip the edges of the washi to create a banner effect.
- Wrap it around your gift.
- Cut out small circles, berries, out of red cardstock.
- Fold green cardstock in half.
- Cut into holly or evergreen leaves.
- Tape onto presents.
- Run a glue stick along the tips of a feather.
- Sprinkle with glitter.
- Shake off excess.
- Use tape to attach to gifts.
- Fold a stack, four pieces, of tissue paper in half diagonally, repeat.
- Now, fold it into thirds.
- Cut to resemble a flower petal.
- Unfold and separate sheets before loosely re-stacking them.
- Pinch the middle of all the sheets together and give them a twist.
- Secure with a piece of tape before attaching it to your present.
If you're more of a visual person, here's a video of all the embellishments featured in this post!