Pin It–Did It: Weed-free Gardening
File this gardening tip under Why Didn’t I Think Of That? It’s so simple and obvious I don’t know why I haven’t been doing it with all my shallow rooting plants!
1. Take a bag of fertilized topsoil, it’s important that it contain fertilizer so don’t get all chintzy and get top soil.
2. Put it anywhere but on the ground or other solid surface. I used a pallet on sawhorses.
3. Poke holes in the bottom of the bag for drainage.
4. Cut off the top of the bag.
5. Sprinkle with seeds, we used Komatsuma Tendergrass and Brune d’Hiver lettuce from rareseeds.com.
6. Water generously, at least until you have sprouts.
7. Sit back and watch it grow!