Whenever I found out I was expecting I went on a pinning spree and that is when I found this super cute T-shirt Headband. I don’t have any headbands, at least none that aren’t those really skinny elastic bands, and I have plenty of scrap t-shirts. The tutorial is a no-sew but I’m not keen on hot gluing anything I’m going to be wearing so I did make some adjustments. My notes are below!
- The tutorial said to use 1 inch strips of t-shirt but that ended up being way too skinny for me. I tried it with two-inch strips which were perfect for my daughter’s little head and four-inch strips for my big ole noggin.
- Follow the rest of the instructions on the original post to tie the knot.
- Once you’ve got your knot you’ll need to make a little tube that will end up hiding some of the other seams. I used a two-inch wide and six-inch long piece of jersey. Don’t forget to flip it so the seam is on the inside.
- Feed one set of ends (from the knotted piece) through the tube.
- Sew all the ends of the knotted piece together and trim the corners a bit. Then pull the tube over the edges.
Ta-Da! I think the pictures are easier to understand than my instructions, sorry. This project took less than 15 minutes so it’s super easy and fun to through together in a jiff. Plus it’s easy to measure and cut the band to the size you need. Obviously my daughter’s was much smaller than mine. (Only the four-inch headband is shown.)
What have you been pinning?