Groundhog Day Printable Craft
I know you’ve heard it a million times, but truly I’m not an obscure holiday celebrating kind of gal. Outside the big three (Easter, Halloween, Christmas), it takes a concerted effort on my part to remember these days, let alone come up with something for the kids to do! Crafts like these were always a highlight during my school days, and I don’t want my kids to miss out just because we homeschool, so…I’m working on it. Here’s the first craft I’ve come up with, and it’s printable.
- Toilet paper roll
- Groundhog Printable
- Color groundhog and cut it out.
- Color the grass and cut it out.
- Cut along the dotted line (I know it’s hard to see) to create grass.
- Cut a paper roll in half.
- Glue the grass along the outside of the paper roll.
- Glue the groundhog on the INSIDE of the paper roll.
In full disclosure, this was actually our second groundhog. On the first one, we used two strips of grass. While I like the way it looks better, it was harder for the kids. Here’s what it looked like.