About the Blog:
So, what's with that name? Most readers assume it’s either a reference to the fact that I homeschool, an homage to my mother, a tribute to Mother Earth, or a shrine for my ego. While these are very valid definitions I must admit the name was born out of sarcasm. As a stay-at-home mother, making student loan payments, I felt like a ‘very educated mother’ and with a gazillion other names rolling through my head I kept coming back to that very fitting mnemonic device. The loan has been paid off, but the wealth of useless, cocktail party trivia floating in my head continues to grow, so the name stuck.
After moving in and out of the workforce, I reignited my blogging habits in the summer of 2011 and up until about now wasted too much of my time trying to figure out to what niche I belonged. It’s taken a while, but I finally realized that I cannot be compartmentalized, so neither is my blog.
Whether you’re looking for crafts, recipes, a laugh, or insight into how my brain works, you’re likely to find it here, on any given day of the week.
Because everyone loves a list here’s some fun facts about me.
- I have four children: a brunette, two redheads, and a blonde, not in that order.
- I’ve been friends with my husband since 8th grade…that was way back in 1988. We didn’t start dating until 2003. I’ll have to tell you that story another time.
- I’m the only Army brat in the history of Army brats who didn’t go to Germany.
- I’m left handed.
- I like to make up letter theories, such as M fell on its belly; W fell on its back; E stood up tall; N got caught in the rain, flipped over, and turned into Z. Pretty sure this will only make sense to about 12 of you so I’m going to stop now.
- Yes, I have a degree in both English and Writing, but I’m still allowed to make grammatical errors. As one of my professors always said, readers relate to good writing not necessarily good grammar.
Please feel free to contact her at erin (at) myveryeducatedmother.com.