Erin is a writer, crafter, and homeschooling mother of three based in rural Missouri. After receiving a bachelor’s in English and Writing she began her professional career as the editor of a local newspaper and contributing reporter for Ozark Media. She’s been publishing on her blog, My Very Educated Mother, since 2008. Her crafts, recipes, and antiquing skills have been featured on numerous websites and in magazines such as, All You, MaryJanes Farm, and Kids Crafts 1-2-3. Currently she attempts to balance the ambitions of her blog with her freelance aspirations; all while teaching her children and being an active member of her community.
Please feel free to contact her at: entsipes(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Ten things you should know about me!
2. In the past I’ve had pink hair and nine ear-piercings. Don’t judge, it was the ‘90s.
3. We recycle and compost…either get on the bus or give me your trash.
4. I know anything is possible because I was a single mother working full-time who still graduated Summa with a degree in Writing and English.
5. I like turning trash into treasures.
6. Stone Gossard (Pearl Jam), Vincent Van Gogh, and Esther (The Bible &The Bell Jar). What do these three people/characters have in common? They helped me name my children.
7. I have a knack for finding four leaf clovers. Seriously.
8. Growing up I wanted to be a horse artist, fashion designer, and journalist.
9. I’ve lived the past five years without a microwave.
10. I like sewing without patterns.