- 1 can of Crushed Pineapple
- 1 can of Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 box of YELLOW cake mix (this does make a difference)
- 2 sticks of butter (don’t worry you don’t HAVE to use it all)
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a 9x13 inch baking pan combine the pineapple and pie filling. Next comes the cake mix, just spread it out on TOP of the fruit mixture, don’t mix them together.
Butter time! Like I mentioned before you don’t HAVE to use two sticks, in case you’re trying to watch what you eat. Of course, anyone eating dump cake probably isn’t that worried about that. Just cut the butter into slices and lay on top of the cake mix. I like to add just a bit of pecans too, yummy! Bake for 45-55 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
WARNING: this stuff goes fast! After one night this is what we had left!