Just a quick message to remind you to be sure to get entered in the giveaway at the end of this post and follow the links to a treasure trove of creative Potter crafting Ideas.
Is your family Harry Potter fans? We are, and while we anxiously await the release of the next movie we're trying our hand at incorporating a little bit of the Wizarding World into our crafting!
Last year I had the pleasure of taking part in The Happy Harry Potter Party hosted by RaeGun Ramblings, were I shared my first Harry Potter craft Butter Bear Cork Necklaces. This year I decided to go with a more kid-friendly craft, Paper Owls Letter Carriers.
- Paper (both patterened and colored)
- Googly eyes
- mini clothespins
- glue stick
- 2in scalloped paper punch (optional)
If you're going to making this project with younger kids I recommend cutting and gathering all the parts ahead of time. That means cutting out circles (I used a salad plate as a guide), triangle felt beaks, and feathers. For the feathers I used a 2 in. scalloped paper punch on a variety of patterned scrap paper.
Step 1: Cut your paper into circles. If you'd like you could use paper plates and paint them for an extra bit of fun.
Step 2: Fold two sides of your paper circle down and then fold over the two closer corners you've created. Um, I'm sorry, that doesn't make sense, but if you look at the pictures you'll see what I mean.
Step 3: Glue your felt triangle down so that it peeks out from your fold, and then glue the fold down.
Step 4: Add your eye tufts, googly eyes, feathers, and clothspin claws.
That's all it takes to create your owl carrier. With a quick search you can find printable Hogwarts acceptance letters to send to your little witches and wizards. Plus, if you're hosting a Potter themed party this is a great way to deliver your invitations.
It's not a party without gifts! Here's one of the prize packs and all the amazing goodies in it!
Be sure to get entered!
Prize Pack #2 See more about each prize and sponsor at this giveaway post and be sure to enter the other equally awesome prize pack while you're there! Winner must have a US address or be willing to pay for international shipping.
- Black Wand Holster and Magic Wand (toddler, child, and adult sizes available)
- Character Shirt (Choice of Snape, Hermione, or Luna)
- Make Love Book Bag
- Words are Magic Quote Pillow
- The Unofficial Guide to Crafting the World of Harry Potter
- Personalized Hogwarts Acceptance Letter
- World of Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit
- One Dozen Harry Potter Cookies
- Hedwig Owl Post Necklace
- Lit Joy Crate June Box
- Harry Potter Character Funko of Choice (restrictions apply)
- 10$ Worth of Harry Potter Art Prints
- Classic Maillot Swimsuit SEWING PATTERN