I’ve been wanting to come up with a jar craft, I like dioramas, and Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. After a little bit of brainstorming I mashed it all together and came up with this: Like a Moth to the Flame, I’m Drawn to You! gift jar.
Since the toddler of the house has regressed and can’t seem to be away from me longer than 30 minutes at a time, I’m going to try to keep this short.
To make your own moth gift jar you’ll need: a jar, craft paper, small pebbles, moss, pipe cleaner, string, paint and paintbrush, and a hot glue gun.
1. Cut out your flames and moth wings.
2. Use the pipecleaner, paper, and string to fashion a moth.
3. Hot glue your flames and pebbles into the bottom of the jar to create a campfire scene.
4. Add moss.
5. Hot glue your moth to the lid of the jar so that it will hang.
6. On the lid, carefully paint, “Like a moth to a flame I’m drawn to you.”
While this craft didn’t turn out nearly as neat (and I mean that literally) as I’d hoped it is still a clever idea that’d I’d proudly give to my husband…had he not watched me make it.