Conferences are so much fun! Tonight I’m visiting the various social media sites of the great bloggers I met at The Bloggy Boot Camp St. Louis and working on a my own to-do list.
However, I have so much great information running through my head it wouldn’t be right not to share. So, I jotted down a quick list of the top 10 things on my mind following #BBCSTL!
*Note – I started with the most important so pay attention fellow bloggers!
1. Yes, there is oversaturation BUT that doesn’t mean everyone is telling your story. That was a paraphrase from Francesca and there is so much more I want to share about this but I can’t fit it all into this ‘quick’ list so come back Wed. and I’ll talk about it more!
1. I’m hoping the Blogger Gods won’t shut me down for saying this, but I’m considering the Wordpress switch…again.
3. Tineye.com Resource to make sure your photos aren’t being stolen. I will never NOT be amazed by technology. Speaking of…
4. Crap, I want an iPhone, but I can’t upgrade until November 7, 2012. So now I’m waiting.
5. Spread some love. Usually I pick ONE way of sharing when I come along genius in the blogosphere but now when I go ga-ga I’m going to give ‘em three social media tweets, likes, shares, pins, stumbles, etc. P.S. Extra thanks to MamaDweeb for more info about a couple of these sharing methods.
6. Remember to NAME YOUR PHOTOS. I’m horrible about this but now I know and knowing is half the battle.
8. “If you look good you do better.” The Nap Warden. Yeah, that means I’m going to be reworking things here…again.
9. OMG…Tip Junkie Laurie Turk is my “she doesn’t know it” mentor! Seriously, I have so many notes from her session with sprinklings from Tiffany I don’t know where to start! I COMPLETELY recommend hearing her speak whenever, wherever you can. Also, who doesn’t relate to the mother who says, “I’m not eating that crap!” when describing a diet often recommended for autistic children, you know the one.
10. Most bloggers are women and just like in life, there’s a good chance some of them are mean girls IRL. Surround yourself with people who inspire you, encourage you, and those who are willing to share. Choose your company wisely.
Phew, and that’s not even the half of it! If you have the chance to attend a Bloggy Boot Camp – DO IT!